Saturday 5 November 2011

Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - Flowers, Ribbon & Lace

Please scroll down for my Penny Black Saturday Challenge DT post
***********************************

We're welcoming the rest of our new DT members today at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge...where it's Francesca's turn to choose the theme, which is:

'Flowers, Ribbon & Lace'

I stamped my flowers ('Agapanthus Clusters' by Stampendous) using the watercolour technique with 'Faded Jeans', 'Chipped Saphire' and 'Forest Moss' Distress Inks...then blended over the top with 'Old Paper'. For the embossed panels, I blended the same inks on white card before running them through my Cuttlebug with my 'Kassie's Brocade' and 'Victoria' folders. I sanded over the surface to reveal the white core The lace is from Wild Orchid Crafts, and the seambinding ribbon is from the Ribbon Girls.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
  • Top Tip Tuesday - Make your own backgrounds (I used Distress Inks and embossing folders to make mine)
  • Truly Scrumptious - Bingo (I went for a diagonal line of Lace-Flowers-Ribbon)
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please visit the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge.

17 comments:

  1. hi Helen this is a gorgeous card, love the layout and colours chosen so soft
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen, love this card it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Helen - I love this stamp (note to self .. should use mine more often!!) ... and I love how you have colorued it. Have a great weekend
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen you know how much I love Distress inks! LOVE this one and love the colour combo and embossing folders too! Thanks for playing along at Top Tip Tuesday also,

    Ps Candy on my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely simple card. Love the sanded effect which sets off the image brilliantly

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi This is beauiful love the layout!:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Helen.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Helen, fab stamping too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. simply stunning helen ~love it!!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Helen, Gorgeous card I love those flowers and the colours are divine. Loving those embossing folders as well
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful Helen, the image looks like a watercolouring., just beautiful. Lindax

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love yur gorgeous card Helen, i adore the way you use inks and flowers images!

    Hugs, Franz.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Big Wow, Helen! I saw your card on Top Tip Tuesday blog and it immediately caught my eye!
    Edith

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card Helen. Thanks for the warm welcome onto the team.
    Hugs Sonia x

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful - the soft colours are absolutely stunning!
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh lol I thought this card looked amiliar - just put in a second comment ... I'm losing it lol!! Hugs
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Truly Scrumptious:)
    Hugs Bente

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x