Wednesday 30 November 2011

ABC Christmas Challenge - X is for...

I have another card for our current ABC Christmas Challenge for you today...where the theme is:

'X is for Xerox'
Basically, we want you to 'Xerox'...copy...CASE...a card by either myself or one of my lovely design team buddies for one of this year's ABC Christmas challenges. There are links to all of this year's challenges in the sidebar of the ABC Christmas blog...with plenty of cards to choose from!

We have two fabulous sponsors for this challenge:


The prize from Digital Delights is 3 of their wonderful images.



And the prize from Bugaboo is 7 fabulous images!


I picked this beautiful card by Lols, from our 'I is for Ice, Indigo & Inspiration' Challenge back in April...I loved the snowy scene:


I don't have the stamp that Lols used, or even anything remotely like it, so I used tree stamps from my 'Reindeer' staamp/die combo set by Hero Arts & Sizzix...embossing them in white. To make the falling snow, I used a Versamark pen to draw random dots, and embossed them in white too. I then blended 'Tumbled Glass', 'Faded Jeans' and 'Stormy Sky' Distress Inks over the top...then spritzed it with a little water to give the effect of snowflakes in the distance. The rest of the card is pretty similar...I used my Cuttlebug 'Swiss Dots' folder for the embossing...rubbing some blue ink lightly over the top...I think Lols used Core'Dinations 'Whitewashed' card...and I was going to...but I'd used up all the blue pieces in my pack! I used different ribbon (from the Ribbon Reel), and snowflakes too (mine were cut using a Marianne Designs Creatables die)...but it still looks pretty similar.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:

14 comments:

  1. Lovely card Helen so pretty! Great one to Xerox too! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty card!!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘POLKA DOT’ challenge and please come back again soon!

    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh such a pretty card - love the trees and the gorgeous snowflake
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful elegant card - love the embossed images.
    Thanks for playing along with us at MAWTT this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Helen!
    Sarah xx :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. With such a lovely card used for inspiration, it's not hard to see how come your card came out just as beautifully! Gorgeous work. Thanks for playing along with the Sisterhood of Crafters in our Polka Dot Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful card. I hope you enter it over at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog. TFS Cathie
    www.creativecutter.org

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the white embossed trees, they look very effective. Thanx for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Helen :-) Thanks for Xeroxing my card ! your take on it is fantastic !! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delightful card! Thanks so much for joining in our Winter Wonderland challenge at Paper Sundaes this week
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab card! I love the sparkly snowflake and gorgeous bow :)
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Christmas card! Thanks for joining us at totally Stampalicious this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x