Saturday 5 November 2011

Penny Black Saturday Challenge - Silver & Snow/Snowflakes

Phew! It's finally the weekend! lol Which means it's Penny Black Saturday Challenge time...yippee! This month, we've gone all festive, and will be having a different Christmas theme each week...this week, we want to see your projects using:

'Silver & Snow/Snowflakes'

There are lots of lovely prizes up for grabs for our two fabulous sponsors:





and from The Ribbon Girl:


Ok...so onto my card...I've used another new stamp...I chose it as part of my prize from Handy Hippo that I won on Creative Inspirations...and is called 'Holly & Globe'. I heat embossed it in silver...I used to use this technique all the time when I first started stamping...and had forgotten how effective it can be...not to mention quick! For the background, I used my Cuttlebug 'Snowflakes' folder on plain white card...think this is my most used folder! I cut the snowflakes using Marianne Designs and Cuttlebug dies, adding silver pearls to their centres. The silver ribbon was a sales purchase at a garden centre after last Christmas...but this is the first time I've used it.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For more  inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the Penny Black Saturday Challenge.

15 comments:

  1. So beautiful and elegant, love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. I love the elegance of white on white. Thanks for joining this week's challenge at Digi Doodle Shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning, i have this stamp too and yet, i've never used it !!!, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous elegant card Helen - love it! Have a great weekend
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Helen! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very elegant! Thanks so much for joining us at DDSC this week.
    Good luck in the drawing.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Helen, your card is just gorgeous:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is stunning!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card Helen, looks very elegant. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm going to have to add the larger snowflake die to my list! I have the Sizzix one but do like the bigger one too! Love all the silver - very frosty! Thank you for joining in at Crimbo Crackers – hope you can join me again for the next challenge! Crimbo Crackers

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a very beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been meaning to try a card like this. Love the effect, it is so pretty. Great card. Hugs, Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is gorgeous! thank you for joining our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's best, hugs, martina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for joining this week's Digi Doodle Shop Challenge #81 Winter with this stunning card. Absolutely fabulous creation! I'm so inspired now to get my heat gun and powders out from the bottom drawer :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x