Wednesday 2 November 2011

ABC Christmas Challenge - V is for...

I'm back with another card for our current ABC Christmas Challenge...where the theme is:

 'V is for Vintage'

We have two wonderful sponsors for this challenge:


The prize from Crafty Emma is a £10 voucher to spend in her fabulous store!


The prize from the Ribbon Reel is this delicious bundle of ribbons & lace:


I've used a Lili of the Valley image this time...it's called 'Skating Along'...I think she looks kind of 'old-fashioned' in her furry coat and hat. The papers are a mixture of My Mind's Eye...I distressed all of the edges using 'Brushed Corduroy' Distress Ink, and my distressing tool...then added faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a white gel pen. I cut a few snowflakes using Cuttlebug and Marianne Designs Creatables dies...inking them with more Distress Ink to give them an 'aged' look...then coating them with a generous amount of Glamour Dust, and adding pearls to their centres. The lace is from Wild Orchid Crafts.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For lots more inspiration...please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.

10 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card. Love it. Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card and delish papers. Love the image and colouring.
    hugs
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous card,I love the image and your papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful creation, I like this a lot, thanks for sharing with us at Anything goes stitching challenge, good luck and hope to see you again soon, Gaynor DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen this is Beautiful! love the colours and style :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Such a gorgeous image and those papers are too. Hugs, Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card & your style. I've become a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh what a fabbie card using divine papers Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes Challenge blog this time. If you are interested I have some blog candy up for grabs Click Here to enter
    Hugs
    Tamara
    Anything goes DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is so lovely, Helen. Cute image.
    Dorte,xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh it's so pretty,love the cute image.Fab papers n layout.x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x