Thursday 20 August 2009

Home for Christmas!

This card is something a little bit different for me...no stamped image...instead, I've used die-cuts (from the 'Winter' Cuttlebug set). I've made this card for a few challenges: I used the Sketch Saturday sketch; the Daring Cardmakers dare to use 'Lace' on our cards; the 'Home for the Holidays' theme of the Winter Wonderland Challenge; and the 'Christmas in August' themes of the Creative Card Crew, Our Creative Corner and Simon Says Stamp challenges. All of the papers are from the 'Figgy Pudding' set by BasicGrey...I stamped some snowflakes (using a stamp set I got from Lakeland) with Versamark, then embossed them in clear powder on the piece right at the back. The sentiment is from a set by Three Bugs in a Rug, the snowflakes were cut using the 'Snowflakes #2' Cuttlebug die, and the ribbon and lace are from my stash.

10 comments:

  1. This is really fun. Well done for not using a stamp!
    Thanks for playing along at Winter Wonderland this week.
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Helen ... no stamp!!! I love the die cuts and papers. Very orignial and different.
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card Helen! Your image and papers are gorgeous!

    Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland!

    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a sweet card helen.. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card Helen,i love the image and papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Helen and such beautifull colours, gorgeous papers :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! Love your card. Fabulous use of the BG papers. katxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely - I really like the idea of using lace on a Christmas card

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very lovely card! I really like the embossed snowflakes, very cool!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    <3,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, very original :)

    Sian
    X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x