Sunday 16 August 2009

Lavender Dreams

This is one of the cards I made on the craft retreat...used some of my birthday goodies too! ;0)
I followed the fab Papertake Weekly Challenge sketch, using a cute House Mouse image ('Lavender Dreams...sent to me by my lovely friend Kaz)...which I thought would go really well with some of my new 'Wisteria' papers by BasicGrey. I'm also going to enter this card for the Allsorts Challenge...where the theme this week is 'In an English country garden'. I embossed the central panel with the Cuttlebug 'Victoria' folder, used some grosgrain ribbon (from Poppicrafts) to add a bow, and finished off with a sentiment from the Clare Curd Signature Range (by Papermania).


I'm sending this card to my partner for this month's Friendship Card Swap on the Docrafts forum...where we've been challenged to make a card using some of our partner's favourite things...mine says her favourite things are 'Greens & browns...and natural outdoor things'! I know that there's more purple than brown...but I hope she thinks that this is ok! lol

8 comments:

  1. Totally gorgeous! Glad you like the image.
    Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen

    What a gorgeous creation.

    I love the image you have used - it is so cute. I can smell that lavender from here.

    Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helen

    What a super card, love the colour combo and the image of the little mice climing the laverndar is so very cute.

    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card Helen,i love the image and papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! The image is sooo cute! love it!
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Helen :) Don't forget to add to the FS thread on DC so I can add you to my draw :)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Helen

    just gorgeous hun love the image and those papers are fab

    Thanks for joining us again at Allsorts

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x