Thursday 27 August 2009

Christmas Star

There are a couple of challenges to make 'Shape Cards' at the moment...I've made quite a few 'Circle' cards, so I thought I'd try something a little different. I used the largest of my 'Star' Nesties to cut the card (I cut two separate stars, then glued the tip of one of the points together to make a hinge), then layered alternating silver and blue stars, which I embossed with my 'Swiss Dots' folder, finishing off with a couple of snowflakes cut using a Cuttlebug bug die in the centre. This was so quick and easy to do, I'm sure I'll make a few more before Christmas.


Here's a view showing the 'hinge'...the card will also stand with the hinge at the top.



I'm entering this card for the Cupcake Craft and the Christmas Stampin' All Year Long challenges...which both challenged us to make 'Shaped Cards'.

10 comments:

  1. Stunning & very original Helen :)
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh wowwww beautiful Helen.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowie Helen that's lovely!! Thanks so much for the award you passed me dear - I have al ittle somethign for you on my blog too :-)
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helen, was a stunning card. I love the star shape and the colour scheme is yummy. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is awesome i love the simplicity of it yet it is so stunning to look at, you could almost put it on top of your tree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a stunning card, I love the star shape. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card Helen, love the star shaoe and the overall design of this card! Thank you for joining in the fun this week at CCC :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow gorgeous star card, Helen! I love the silver/blue color combo and how you embossed it. . .the star shape is perfect for this challenge! Thank you for playing in the CHristmas Stampin All Year Long challenge!!! Hope to see you playing along again!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x