Tuesday 25 August 2009

Teddy Bear Christmas

This card combines three challenges: the Allsorts Challenge sketch & 'Torn Edges' theme; the Secret Crafter colour combination of 'Turquoise & Brown'; and the Roses on Paper Challenge to use punches with a sketch of our choice. I've made a Christmas card...although the colour combo doesn't scream Christmas...I found these gorgeous papers amongst my BasicGrey 'Figgy Pudding' pack, and I coloured my 'Teddy Bear' image (by Rachelle Anne Miller for Stampavie) to match. I went for a snowflakes theme...embossing the brown paper with my Cuttlebug 'Snowflakes' folder, punching three small snowflakes (using an X-Cut punch), and using a Cuttlebug die for the larger snowflakes. The sentiment is from the 'Holly-Jolly' set by Penny Black, I used my Fiskars 'Deckle' tearing ruler on the snowflake paper, then distressed the edges of all of the other layers to match.

16 comments:

  1. Hi Helen

    Loving your colour combo and that Figgy Pudding DP is yummy is'nt it, together with the embossing and snowlakes a super card.

    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts again this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, I love the image so sweet! Its also nice to see a Christmas card that isn't the usual red green and gold colour too!
    Dazie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute Helen! I just can't seem to get my head round doing Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous christmas card Helen and your candle below is stunning!
    hugs amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card.
    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Helen

    What a gorgeous Christmas card.

    I love that beautiful image and the colours you have used.

    I am pleased you liked my sketch.

    Thank you for playing along with Allsorts again this week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Christmas card Helen, you are getting on with them!!!
    I love the image, embossing and fabulous papers.
    Thank you for joining in the SCSC this week.
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Christmas card Helen!!
    your color combination is stunning..


    --
    Michell
    Home Security Systems no CREDIT CHECK everyone is approved

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Helen, this is a beautiful card and you have used this weeks colour scheme really well with your layout! Thanks for joining in the fun at SCSC this week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous

    thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card Helen,i love the image and colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Helen!

    your papers are yummy!
    and the image is so sweet thanks for joining us at Allsorts

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Helen and I love the colors you chose for your Chrsitmas card. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Roses on Paper.

    Hugs,
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful card Helen, thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. awwwwww - I can't stand it, this is such an ADORABLE card.... I definitely need to get some more of these stamps... You're coloring is fabulous!
    Hugs
    Lynda =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card, wonderful sweet image and love the snowflakes.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x