Thursday 20 August 2009

Have a "micey" nice day

I've combined a couple of challenges on this card: I used the Sketch & Stash sketch; and the Penny Black Saturday Challenge colour combo of 'Blue, Tan & Cream'. I used a couple of stamps from my new 'Micey Day' set...and found a sheet of paper in my BasicGrey 'Granola' pad that fitted in with the colour scheme. I then embossed a couple of pieces of Core'dinations Whitewashed card (using the 'Spots & Dots' and 'Moroccan Screen' Cuttlebug folders), then sanded it to reveal the core colour...well actually I 'debossed' one as I keep forgetting that the new folders are the other way up! Doh! Finally I used my new distressing tool on all of the edges, and added a few Poppicrafts flowers.

14 comments:

  1. gorgeous fantastic image beautifully coloured x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Love the pastel/soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card hun - love the soft colours and fab BG papers :-) Thanks for joining in the PBSC this week
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card Helen,i love the image and papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous card helen, love the soft colours, thanks for joining in the fun at sketch and stash hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card Helen - love the ickle mices!! Gorgeous papers and fab layout.
    Thank you for joining in the Sketch and Stash this time.
    hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! This is just adorable!! I love PB images and the colors on this are so soft and pretty!!HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is so cute, the papers are gorgeous and I love the cute image.
    Thank you for joining in my prize giveaway and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow Helen what a gorgeous card, love the prett papers and adorable image.. the distressing looks fab.. Thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC
    hugs
    Tracie :)x

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh this is so sweet helen...love the cute image ...great take on the colour combo and thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC.....hugs kath xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. How did I miss this one?! I love that image Helen and the papers are to die for. Just gorgeous.
    Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card Helen, I love the cute mice and the pretty colours!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such an adorable card Helen, I love these little mice and you've coloured them to perfection!
    Thanks for joining in with Sketch & Stash.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x