Thursday 6 August 2009

Rainin' Daisies

'Rainin' Daisies' is one of my favourite Penny Black stamps...as it can be used for so many occasions, and coloured to match any papers. I've followed this week's Secret Crafter Challenge sketch for the layout...it's a lovely simple one, with plenty of scope for adding extra embellishments...so I'm sure I'll use it again. I decided to use just one design of paper for both layers - it's from the '29th Street Market' range by My Mind's Eye. To balance out the knot in the ribbon, I added a few cute flower shaped buttons (all from Poppicrafts)...so I'm also entering this card into this week's Simon Says Challenge, where the theme is 'Buttons & Ribbons'.


Right...I'm off to bake some cakes for a party tonight...yum!

13 comments:

  1. I agree, this is a great stamp. This card looks fabulous, I love the layout and papers. Cute buttons too!
    Happy baking and enjoy your party!
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a sweet card, fabulous image. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty Helen

    Thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww this is so cute - the papers and colours are great Helen

    hugs
    Dawn
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card Helen,i love the image and papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cutie stamp ... I love it and I LOVE mine!!
    Fab card Helen and gorgeous papers.
    Thank you for joining in the SCSC this week.
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, so sweet! Love the image and the background paper! Those buttons are a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card Helen, cute image, love the papers and colours too! So pleased you could join us at SCSC this week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Helen - I agree that's a fab stamp and the paper is gorgeous - I'm loving MME papers at the moment.
    hugs
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Helen, love the image. I have just bought this stamp myself. Great colours too. Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh what a sweet bear, fabulous card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am loving this image, and the flower buttons are awesome!!

    Thanks again for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    <3,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous card Helen, I love the PB image (I too have this one) love the DP you've used, so pleased you liked the sketch thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x