Monday 22 August 2022

Sparkly Snowflakes

I have a Christmas card to share today, which you may think looks familiar...and you'd be right! I made the background at the same time as this card a couple of weeks ago...if I was going to get inky and messy, I figured I may as well make it worth my while! The background piece was made in exact same way...a piece of watercolour paper embossed using a Sizzix 'Snowflakes' folder, then rubbed with Distress Inks in shades of blue & green, spritzed with water and left to dry. This time, I wanted to add some sparkle, so rubbed my Versamark inkpad over the raised areas, and heat embossed it using 'Sparkling Snow' embossing powder from WOW. It's so pretty & sparkly in real life, and couldn't bear to cover it up, so I matted it on to a snippet of navy card, and added a simple little sentiment (from the 'Top Hat Robin' set by Woodware Stamps) heat embossed in white on a teeny snippet of the same navy card.


Challenges for this card:

3 comments:

  1. Don't blame you for not wanting to cover up that lovely glitzing and embossed piece of card Helen. I think you've made a wonderful card with it and the sentiment is all it needed to make it perfect.

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground - where the sun is shining and you can zip down the slide straight into the paddling pool to keep you call on this hot and humid day! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous and sparkly and simple and wonderful. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely lovely card Helen! You were so right to just add a sentiment and let the embosssed design and shimmer do the work.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x