Tuesday, 1 September 2026

September Desk Calendar

As it's the first day of a new month, I'm sharing my desk calendar page for September. This means 'back to school' for me (I'm a music teacher), so I picked a cute Penny Black hedgie stamp called 'Scooting Along'... who, with his balloon removed, looks like he could be on his way to school with his satchel slung over his shoulder! I stamped him (minus his balloon) onto a snippet of watercolour paper, coloured him using watercolour pencils, then cut it out using one of my circle Nesties. For the background, I used snippets of patterned papers from the 'Awesome Boy' pad from Recollections/Michaels (found at TKMaxx). I distressed the edges, then added faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen, then matted it onto a snippet of kraft card before adding it to the calendar.


Challenges for this calendar:

9 comments:

  1. Such a fun PB Hedgie and perfect for my Allsorts theme, many thanks for joining us.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you've ditched the balloon to make the image work better for you. Super "back to school" calendar page.

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you in the treehouse later. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute calendar page, perfect for the current Allsorts challenge, thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He does look like he's going off to school! A great choice of stamp and lovely colouring and layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts .

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fab, Helen! Have never made a calendar but this is just the inspiration I need. Thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Stampin'. Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Helen, Oh that's super cute! That's one of the things that I really like about stamping - the variety of being able to mask something, or snip something off and you've got a completely different image. Thanks for joining in with us at Sweet Stampin' this fortnight. Sarah - DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome calendar page and how much fun to see this darling image for 31 days. I love it and so glad you shared over at CGC

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is fab, I have a calendar on my to do list but never get around to it...

    Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, this is adorable Helen! Brilliant idea to exclude the balloon. He's so sweet on his way to school for the beginning of term!
    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x