Sunday 10 March 2024

Happy Mother's Day

Today I'm sharing the card and a notebook that I made for my Mum for Mother's Day. For the card, I picked an old Hero Arts floral stamp called 'Garden Bouquet'. I used the watercolour stamping technique, painting Distress Inks (Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick, Seedless Preserves, Blueprint Sketch & Mowed Lawn) directly on to the stamp, then spritzing with a little water before stamping on to watercolour paper. I added a sentiment (from the 'Sentiments' set also by Hero Arts), then distressed the edges and added some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen, before adding it to a kraft card blank.


I decorated a notebook for part of my Mum's gift...a blank spiral bound one from Hobbycraft. I picked a couple of Penny Black mice images, and papers from a My Mind's Eye pad called 'Penny Lane'...this pad is really old (I bought it in 2010!), but I still have plenty of snippets! I stamped the images on to snippets of watercolour paper and coloured them using watercolour pencils. I distressed all of the edges, and again added faux stitching using my Cutterbee Bug and a black gel pen. The image on the front is called 'Literally Giant!':


And 'Everest Next' on the back:



Challenges for this card & notebook:

7 comments:

  1. The stamping on the card is so delicate Helen and the notebook equally pretty, your Mum must have loved them, many thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and delicate floral card Helen with so much detailed colouring, and the notebook is really cute!
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is wonderful! I am impressed with such precision. If I had tried putting paint on a stamp and then spritzing, I would have one big blog of mess. This is so pretty. Your notebook with the mischievous little mice is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both absolutely stunning. LOVE the faux stitching effect you've used. Bet your Mum was pleased to receive these lovely items.

    Thanks for bringing the notebook to the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND. See you up in the Treehouse shortly. I've extra marshmallows ready for your hot chocolate! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet of you! It’s a lovely gift for your mother.💖 Love the CAS look on your card. Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge this past week for our Stamp theme :) Hope you join us again soon.
    Diane - DT KCC

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful CAS card for your Mum and I am sure she loved it. As I am sure she loved that delightful notebook. I loved the cover and then saw the reverse and loved it even more! Thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely delightful Helen! Your Mum must have been thrilled, a lot of love and work from you there too!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x