Sunday 12 February 2023

Meeting Shelty

Today's card features an old wood mounted Penny Black stamp called 'Meeting Shelty'...my best charity shop bargain of last year...it cost the princely sum of 20p! I stamped it on to watercolour paper, along with a sentiment from the 'Sending Sunshine' set by Simon Says Stamp, then coloured it using watercolour pencils. The papers are from the 'Bright Freshness' pad by Craft Sensations...I've nearly managed to use these all up....there's just one full sheet, and lots of snippets left! I distressed all of the edges, then added some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen.


Challenges for this card:

8 comments:

  1. Such a happy sweet colourful card Helen, so long since I used that stamp, hint to self. Many thanks for sharing with us at this month's Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous and such a fun card.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge Blog good luck Ginny DT for Crafty Catz Challenge Blog
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stamp was a great find. I love the colourful background you've made. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Sparkles Monthly Dawn S DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dry sweet card Helen … Shelty looks so cute !
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super cute card and what a bargain! Thank you for joining in at As You Like It. Lynne DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great card, love the image.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.
    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable card, Helen! I love your image and your coloring is amazing! That Shellie and puppy are so cute. Your paper choices are so bright and colorful and the stitching is the perfect finishing touch. I just love everything about your card! Thank you for sharing and playing along with Polkadoodles ~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nicely done - cute image ~ Best of Luck . Thanks for joining us on Polkadoodles Crafting. Pam, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x