Tuesday 28 February 2023

Jonquil Two Ways

I have a couple of cards to share today that feature a Penny Black brushstroke stamp called 'Jonquil'. I used a couple of different techniques with Distress Inks to stamp and colour the images.


On the first card, I stamped the image on to watercolour paper using a 'no line' ink from Ink on 3, then watercoloured over the top using 'Mustard Seed', 'Spiced Marmalade', 'Mowed Lawn' and 'Rustic Wilderness' Distress Inks. I added a sentiment (from the 'Go To Words' set by Visible Image), then distressed the edges a little and adding faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen, before adding the panel to a kraft card blank.


On the second card, I used the watercolour stamping technique, applying the inks directly to the stamp, and misting with a little water before stamping on to watercolour paper. I kept the layout the same as on the first card, just changing up the sentiment.


Challenges for these cards:

5 comments:

  1. Pretty Spring cards Helen, have to confess that stamp's not been out of the drawer this year, shame on me! Many thanks for sharing with us at this weeks Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge Blog good luck Ginny DT for Crafty Catz Challenge Blog
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous water-colour images and two beautiful cards. Thank you for joining us at the Allsorts Challenge.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both versions look fabulous and love the stitching!
    Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards! I love the arty feel of these card, yet they are very CAS and clean looking! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational and I hope to see you joining our current 'Numbers'- challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x