Wednesday 14 September 2022

ABC Christmas Challenge - S & T are for?

It's the second Wednesday of a new month, so that means it's time for a new ABC Christmas Challenge! Fabiola is the host, and the themes are:

'S is for Snow'
&
'T is for Trees'

There is a surprise gift from Fabiola on offer for the lucky winner:

On my 'S is for Snow' card, I started by making a 'snowy' sky background. I smooshed some Distress Inks (Mermaid Lagoon, Broken China, Uncharted Mariner & Chipped Sapphire) on to watercolour paper, then once dry, stamped my Simon Says Stamp 'Falling Snow' background stamp on to it using Versamark Ink, then heat embossed it using 'Diamond White' embossing glitter from WOW. I stamped a little Penny Black snowman (from the 'Jolly Friends' set) on to a snippet of watercolour paper, coloured him using watercolour pencils then carefully cut around the top of the image. I trimmed the background down, matted it on to a snippet of red card, then added the snowman on top, before adding it to my card blank. The sentiment stamp is from the 'Winter Blessings' set by Crafter's Companion.


For my 'T is for Tree' card, I decided, rather than using one of my (many!) plush evergreen Christmas tree stamps, that I would use stamps from another Penny Black set...'Snowfield Friends'...which includes a rather bare tree! I combined a few stamps from the set, masking so that the fox would be behind his sack of gifts, stamping them directly on to a kraft card blank. I added a sentiment (from the same set), then coloured the image using watercolour pencils...adding some Glossy Accents to the baubles on the tree.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.

12 comments:

  1. Super cute card, Helen! Love all the texture you included on your card so that even the background looks like it's snowing! Great job coloring, too!! Thank you for sharing your card and creative talents with us at The Male Room!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two delightful and fun Christmas cards Helen, thanks so much for sharing with us at We Love Stamping September challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Helen I hope you are keeping well?
    your cards are so very lovely! The Snow person is really cheeky and the fox is the cutest
    Thank you so much for Entering these little cuties into the Crafty Catz Challenge
    Crafty hugs and Kind Regards
    Bridget Crafty Catz DT :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute card and just perfect for your choice of song title - love all your texture on the card. Thanks for sharing with us at The Male Room

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two delightful cards Helen. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us over at We Love Stamping.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet - I just love that little snowman! Thanks for sharing with us at HLS Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. elles sont trop belles Helene, adorables même, biz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card, perfect for our challenge over at The Male Room.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are too adorable! Love the design of the first one.
    Thanks for sharing your card at Polkadoodles and hope to see you again soon.
    Nunzia DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are both fabulous! I really love the kraft card! Thank you for joining us for the Polkadoodles Saturday Crafting Challenge! Hope to see you again soon! Xoxo, Kim DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute pair of cards, Helen! You have managed to create such gorgeous scenes, Helen and I love how you got such fabulous white colouring on the kraft cardstock.
    Hope you are well.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing at The Male Room

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x