Monday 18 July 2022

Snowy!

Today's card features one of my most favourite stamps...it's 'Snowy' by Penny Black. I was inspired to ink him up after seeing Jo's card for the current Christmas Kickstart Challenge. I'm this month's Guest Elf, and picked the theme of 'Show Us Your Snowfolk', but didn't use Snowy on my Guest Elf card, as I wanted to include several snowfolk in a wintry scene. I couldn't resist getting him out to join in with some of the 'Christmas in July' themed challenges that around at the moment. I kept it really simple, stamping him on to a piece of hammered white card (the same as I use to make my card blanks so that it would match perfectly), along with a sentiment from the 'Winter Blessings' set (by Crafter's Companion). I used watercolour pencils to add some minimal colouring, then paper pieced his hat and scarf using a snippet of paper from an unnamed Stampin' Up pad. I then distressed the edges of the image panel before adding it to my card blank.


Challenges for this card:

16 comments:

  1. Love this card, Helen. I too have Snowy, but naughty me...I haven't inked him up for ages.
    Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cute card.
    Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge. Good luck Ginny DT for
    CRAFT Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvelous paper piecing and a sweet Snowy! Thank you for joining the Christmas in July challenge at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snowy looks lovely in the traditional Christmas colours, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous CAS card Heken .. you can’t go wrong with Snowy and I love him with his paper pieced scarf and hat. Thanks so much for joining in with my Christmas in July Chalkenge at Allsorts this week.
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this stamp too and your paper piecing looks amazing, thank you for sharing it with us at Allsorts.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my favourite Penny Black stamp! He is such a happy chap and looks so cosy in his warm hat and scarf.
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl CRAFT DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute card Helen. Love the paper piecing! My husband picked this cutie out for me many years ago and he is definitely my favorite snowman stamp too! Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Allsorts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, he looks great in green too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on being Jo's Guest Elf Helen! Snowy is a proper cutie isn't he. I love the way you paper-pieced his hat and scarf and that minimal colouring is very effective too. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that is so cute, I have that stamp, I need to get him inky...awesome card, thank you for playing our challenge this week. Happy Crafting!

    Leanne DT Member/KCC
    Krafty Chicks Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet snowman and loving the scarf. So cute. thanks for sharing over at Craft Catz.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab make, one of my favourite snowman images - love your use of paper piecing too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another wonderful card Helen. So cute! I love the use of DP for the scarf and hat! It certainly adds lots! Thanks so much joining us at LIM challenge! Have a good day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. One of my favourite stamps Helen, I love your paper piecing on his hat and scarfe. Thank you for sharing with us at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x