Wednesday 13 July 2022

ABC Christmas Challenge - N & O are for?

It's the second Wednesday of a new month, so that means it's time for a new ABC Christmas Challenge! Lynda is the host, and the themes are:

'N is for New'
&
'O is for Old'

There are a couple of little prizes on offer from Lynda:




My 'New' is some snowflake covered foiled paper from the 'Glittering Snowflakes' pad by Crafter's Companion...I bought them quite a while ago, but couldn't bring myself to use them until now! I used the edge of one of the sheets, tearing around the cascade of snowflakes, along the edge of my card blank, to make a background for a glittery snowflake (cut using my Cuttlebug 'Ice Crystal' die. The sentiment stamp is also by Crafter's Companion, from the 'Winter Blessings' set).


My 'Old' is a Penny Black woodmounted stamp called 'Ice Dance' that was one of the first Penny Blacks I bought, many moons ago...long before I had a blog! I stamped him on to watercolour paper, coloured him using watercolour pencils, then used one of my Nesties to cut the circle shape. I paired him with papers from a pad called simply 'Christmas' by Craft Sensations. I distressed the edges a little, then added some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen.


I'm also entering these cards into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.

9 comments:

  1. These are some really great cards, I especially like the snowflake one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great snowflake card. Love the sparkle. Thank you for joining us at Through the Craft Room Door this month. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards. Thanks for joining us at Creative Knockouts.
    Happy crafting! Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely pair of cards, Helen! I love the stylish design on the first one and the second one is so cute - I love Penny Black stamps which never go out of style IMHO!.
    Hope you are keeping cool,
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was für eine süße Karte. Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei den Sweet Stampers.

    Heike

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely..
    Thank you for joining HLS dies challenge
    Swapna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!!
    HUGS!
    Ann DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x