Monday 21 February 2022

Butterfly Cascade

Today's cards led me to finally organise my collection of WOW embossing powders and glitters...it's something I've been meaning to do for ages, but would put off in favour of using my crafting time to actually craft! All of my ink pads and embossing powders are stored in  Really Useful Box...whilst they're relatively neat, it often takes a me little while to locate the one's I'm looking for as the embossing powders are stored in a couple of layers and the lids are solid. So, I spent an evening cutting little circles of card (using the smallest of my circle Nesties), embossing each one with a different embossing powder/glitter, then attaching them to the lids of the pots. My collection is fairly 'comprehensive', so the photo below just shows the ones I used on today's cards, but you get the idea:


The cards I made with those embossing glitters, feature a Woodware stamp called 'Butterfly Cascade' and I had the idea to emboss them in a rainbow effect. I stamped it on to white card using Versamark Ink, then added the different coloured embossing glitters, working down from the top. Colours used: Metallic Gold Sparkle, Fool's Gold, Ho Ho Ho, Majestic Mauve, Midnight Dream, Vintage Peacock & Emerald City. I added a sentiment (from the 'Doodled Flowers' set by Happy Little Stampers), then distressed the edges of the panel a little, before piercing a border using my CutterBee Bug and adding the panels to DL card blanks.


As always, it's so difficult to capture the sparkle in a photo...these glitters are so pretty in real life, but here's another angle:


Challenges for these cards:

10 comments:

  1. Wow Helen, a whole kaleidoscope of Butterflies in rainbow colours, absolutely beautiful.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts and Stamping Sensations challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea and it looks good too. Your card is so very pretty. Thanks for taking part in my challenge theme of I love at Allsorts this week.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge atThrough The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge. Good luck Ginny
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Helen these are absolutely beautiful .. love how you ahve used these embossing glitters. Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful love those butterflies. Thanks for joining us over at Allsorts Challenge this week. Good Luck and we hope to see you again soon. Alison DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glitter is so difficult to phototgraph. Great card. Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations and TTCRD challenges. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw your card on one of the challenges I entered and I had to pop by and tell you how much I love it!! I had NO idea the butterflies were embossed but that makes them that much more beautiful - I love them!! Now I need to know what Really Useful Boxes you use. . . Thanks!! Christi https://art-without-anxiety.blogspot.com/2022/02/you-warm-my-heart.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great solution to your storage struggles. I did something similar with my stash and totally understand the desire to create over having to clean and organize but the time you spent sorting and setting up the embossing powder will give you more time to create and less time searching. Thank you for sharing your beautifully sparkly card with us at Use Your Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards Helen, the colours of the butterflies are gorgeous.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful butterflies! Thanks for joining us at Penny's paper challenge. Hugs Ela DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x