Wednesday 9 February 2022

ABC Christmas Challenge - C & D are for?

It's the second Wednesday of a new month, so that means it's time for a new ABC Christmas Challenge! Wilma is the host, and the themes are:

'C is for Clean & Simple'
&
'D is for Distressing'

There's a little prize on offer from Wilma for the lucky winner:


I was one of the (many!) lucky winners of one of Di's Pixie's Snippets Playground Christmas Grand Draw prizes...and my lovely prize was a couple of Sweet Dixie stamps, so I used both of them to make my cards for this challenge. I used Sweet Dixie - 'Carol Singing' to make a simple one layer Clean & Simple card. I stamped it directly on to a kraft card blank, along with a sentiment from the 'Festive Phrases' set by Funky Fossil, then used watercolour pencils to colour the image. 


I used 'Little Tweetheart' by Sweet Dixie, paired with papers from the 'Jolly Santa' pad and another unnamed pad by The Works. I distressed all of the edges, then added some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen.The sentiment is from the 'Winter Blessings' set from the 'Winter White' collection by Crafter's Companion, and the snowflake twill tape was from Home Sense.


I'm also entering these cards into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, including our wonderful new members, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your win at the Snippets Playground Helen! It's lovely to see the prizes in action and you've done them proud. I especially like the CAS card. The coloured image really pops against the kraft. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made great use of your winnings, really lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Helen quel amour, c’est adorable, biz

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are a real couple of cuties, Helen and I particularly love the white watercolour snowpeople on the kraft card! Congratulations on the win too!
    Take care.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge and A Bit More Time to Craft. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratultions on your win Helen. Love this sweet card you created with your great prize!! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratultions on your win Helen. Love this sweet card you created with your great prize!! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us for Challenge #3 at Gem of a Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards, Helen. Cute images.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x