Tuesday 29 September 2009

Wishes for Kisses

I think that teal and silver is becoming my favourite colour combo for Christmas cards this year...this snowflake paper by My Mind's Eye (from the 'Festive Frost' pack) is just so beautiful. I followed the sketch from this week's Get Sketchy Challenge...and distressed the edges of all my paper s using my distressing tool for the 'Bonus Challenge'. I used my Cuttlebug 'Snowflakes' folder on some silver card...I really love the way the embossing stands out on metallics. The sentiment stamp is by Three Bugs in a Rug, I used a 'Deckled Edge Rectangle' Nestie to cut out my image ('Wishes for Kisses' by Penny Black), added some faux stitching with a white gel pen and a few adhesive gems.

12 comments:

  1. Another beauty Helen, just gorgeous. You are right about the colours, they go so well, and Wishes For Kisses is adorable, one of my fave PB Christmas stamps. Simply brilliant card. Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Helen. I love the colours too. Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, the colours do work really well together. Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Helen. I lvoe the paper, and great embossing. Such a cute image too!
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Helen. What a beautiful card. the colours are so special, a wonderful creation.
    Love Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card, such a sweet image and fab colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing with GS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this colour combo! Very cute pic too!
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delightful Helen - I love the textured background :)
    Hugs, Steph xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Hellen! Thanks for sharing your blog with us! :)

    Cath from Moxie Fab World

    ReplyDelete
  11. absolutely darling! thanks for joining us over at Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very very very pretty!!
    thnx for playing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x