Saturday 19 September 2009

Shabby Dandelion

I haven't joined in with the Just Christmas & Birthday Cards Challenge for a while...but I fell for their sketch this week, so I just had to have a play. I've made a lot of Christmas cards lately...and there are a lot of birthdays coming up next month, so I've used it to make a birthday card this time. The image is from the 'Daisy & Dandelion Birthday' set...I think it's Dandelion, but it doesn't say on the packaging. I used my favourite papers...'29th Street Market' by My Mind's Eye...apologies to my regular visitors...I know I use them a lot...but this time I have an excuse...the Stamp Something Challenge is asking us to use our favourite colours or papers this week...so I just had to! I've also gone a bit 'Shabby'...roughing up the edges with some ink and my distressing tool...so I'm also entering this card for this week's Everybody Art Challenge. I made the 'lollipop' flowers using my Nesties, added some faux-stitching around the edges of the papers, and the sentiment is a Hero Arts stamp.

11 comments:

  1. This is lovely helen and so different to most of the daisy and dandelion i have seen..............K x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Helen, like the blend of papers and the colours. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Helen this is super I love that image and your flowers are just delish
    Hugs Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  4. a wonderful card helen.. those lolipop flowers you have made look wonderful and work so well with the sketch. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card. Love the cute image and the great flowers.
    Thanks for joining in our challenge.
    Hugs
    Moni
    EAC-Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    thats a lovely Work!
    Thanks for joining in by EAC!

    Domi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh love this, the papers & flowers look fab! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this! great design. thanks for playing with stamp something.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous - great different look for Dandelion - love it!
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x