Tuesday 15 September 2009

Vintage Christmas

This card is something a bit different for me...for a start there's no stamping! I followed the sketch from Get Sketchy (which I flipped)...I've been meaning to join in with their challenges since they launched a few weeks ago...but this is the first time I've managed it. I've gone with the 'Very Vintage Christmas' theme of the Winter Wonderland Challenge with these faded papers and die cut shapes from the 'Festive Frost' paper pack by My Mind's Eye. And cut some additional snowflakes using a Cuttlebug die (I hope this counts as making my own embellishments for the Get Sketchy Challenge?)...so I'm also entering this card for the 'Let it Snow' challenge from the One Stop Craft Challenge.


I must be on a roll...as well as being in the Stamp Something Top 5 yesterday...I saw last night that I'd also made it into the Cupcake Craft Challenge Top 5!

15 comments:

  1. A beautiful and very elegant card! Great job! Thanks for playing at GS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Helen, really lovely. You do know non-stamped cards don't count for the diet! Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card! Love the blue tones and snowflakes.
    Thanks for playing at WW this week.
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card Helen! The papers are absolutely gorgeous and it has a lovely vintage feel!

    Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland.

    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely gorgeous Helen...love your vintage take on the sketch! Thanks for playing with us over at Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card this is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so chic.. love it.
    Thanks for joining us at GETSKETCHY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the papers and absolutely love the snowflakes..!

    ReplyDelete
  9. a fabulous card Helen, wonderful colour choice. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Helen what a beautiful wintery card. Love the papers and detail work. Fabulously done! :0
    ♥Dawn♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to receive this card with christmas. Love the vintage style!
    Thanks for joining us this week at GS.
    Lisette

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable! Love this. Thanks for joining in the one stop craft challenge.Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful card Helen - ove the delicate colours ... and well done on making the top 5's - well deserved!
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x