Sunday 20 September 2009

Invitation Production Line...

I've been busy little bee today...I had a production line going, making invitations for my Nan's 90th Birthday Party, which is in November.


I kept the design very simple, as I was making mulitples, but made a few different colour ways for a bit of variation. To keep the layers to a minimum (I want them to be fairly flat for posting) I used coloured card blanks (these are A6, from Lakeland...before they stopped selling crafty bits). The cake image is a Hero Arts stamp (from the 'Fabulous Birthday' set), which I watercoloured to match the card blank, then added a touch of glitter to the cake. I printed the wording on to white paper (I did try card, but my printer didn't like it, and kept leaving grey streaks down the page...ggrrrr), then scored parallel lines either side, before embossing the top and bottom of it using my 'Swiss Dots' folder. Here's a better picture of the three different colours:


I've also made a few cards for challenges...I think I've set a personal best today...12 invites and 4 challenges cards...but I'm saving those to upload next week...I wouldn't want to bombard you with them all at once! lol

9 comments:

  1. Fab invites Helen. Love the embossing.
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous! )I still miss lakelands crafty goodies)!
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love them so pretty and elegant

    ReplyDelete
  4. very elegant, you must be getting close to your target of 30 by now

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen they are great simply stylish design, Your Nan is gonna love them! well done for getting them done! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous invitations, very elegant. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh these are gorgeous invitations Helen.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x