Saturday 5 September 2009

Magical Christmas

When I first saw this gorgeous 'Confirmand Melinda' stamp (by Whiff of Joy) I immediately thought of using her for Christmas cards, but this is the first time I've actually done that. I followed the fab sketch for this week's Whiff of Joy Challenge, and went for a teal and silver colour scheme, inspired by the yummy My Mind's Eye snowflake paper. I used my 'Victoria' embossing folder on the silver card, and the 'Snowflakes' one on the aqua paper...highlighting the detail with a chalk inkpad. The sentiment is a stamp by Three Bugs in a Rug, the ric-rac is by Papermania, the snowflakes were cut using a Cuttlebug die, and I couldn't resist adding a few adhesive pearls. I'm also entering this card for the 'Angels and Fairies' challenge of the Papertake Weekly Challenge, and for Katharina's Guest Designer call for Whiff of Joy stamps.

7 comments:

  1. This ones a real cutie. Love the colour combo.

    Hugs Lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card helen

    i've ordered this stamp and can't wait for it to come

    hugs jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh wowww Helen,what a beautiful card,i love the image and colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Helen - I love the colour scheme :-)
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  5. soooooo delicate and pretty! the colours are soo soft! beautiful! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi,
    your card is so sweet!
    good luck
    alexandra

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x