Saturday, 5 September 2009

Magical Christmas

When I first saw this gorgeous 'Confirmand Melinda' stamp (by Whiff of Joy) I immediately thought of using her for Christmas cards, but this is the first time I've actually done that. I followed the fab sketch for this week's Whiff of Joy Challenge, and went for a teal and silver colour scheme, inspired by the yummy My Mind's Eye snowflake paper. I used my 'Victoria' embossing folder on the silver card, and the 'Snowflakes' one on the aqua paper...highlighting the detail with a chalk inkpad. The sentiment is a stamp by Three Bugs in a Rug, the ric-rac is by Papermania, the snowflakes were cut using a Cuttlebug die, and I couldn't resist adding a few adhesive pearls. I'm also entering this card for the 'Angels and Fairies' challenge of the Papertake Weekly Challenge, and for Katharina's Guest Designer call for Whiff of Joy stamps.

7 comments:

Lol said...

This ones a real cutie. Love the colour combo.

Hugs Lol xxx

Jane Carroll said...

gorgeous card helen

i've ordered this stamp and can't wait for it to come

hugs jane x

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Helen,what a beautiful card,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Pauline C said...

Very pretty Helen - I love the colour scheme :-)
pauline x

Samantha said...

soooooo delicate and pretty! the colours are soo soft! beautiful! :0)

Cat said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors!

Alexandra said...

hi,
your card is so sweet!
good luck
alexandra