Friday 11 September 2009

Talking to the Birds

It's my first day back at school today...hence the early hour of this post...so how did I spend my last night of freedom...crafting of course! I made a quick card for a few challenges: I used the Papertake Weekly Challenge sketch; took my colours from the inspirational photo from the BasicGrey Challenge; and used the 'Polkadot Party' theme of the My Time to Craft Challenge. I used Annie ('Talking to the Birds' by Sugar Nellie) because of her polkadot skirt, and coloured her to match the polkadot paper (from the 'Wisteria' pad by BasicGrey). I used my 'Swiss Dots' Cuttlebug folder to emboss the white card, added a piece of ribbon from Poppicrafts and a sentiment by Studio G.


There's still a couple of days for you to enter my candy if you haven't already done so...click here for more information.

9 comments:

  1. a beautiful card helen, love the soft colours you have used. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is beautiful, wondeful colours and lovely image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just love your sweet card, the colours and image are fabulous!
    Have a fab weekend!
    Hugs Tab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very pretty Helen - lvoe the soft colours :-)
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card! The colors are so perfect and I love how you colored your Sugar Nellie image! Thanks for playing at Basic Grey Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Helen, love these colours!
    Thanks for entering my candy draw and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is sych a classy card Helen. Love your beautifully coloured iamge and wonderful embossed accent.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is so gorgeous chick. Love the image and colours and you did a fab job with the sketch :) Thank you for joining us over at PTW, hugs, Dawny xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card and lovely colours. Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x