Wednesday 2 September 2009

Happy, Happy Birthday!

It's Henry again...I haven't used him in a while, so I thought I'd dust him off...lol. I followed the fab sketch from Inspirational Card Sketches to make a boys card. The paper is from the 'Arhaic' pad by BasicGrey, the buttons are from my stash, and the sentiment stamp is from the 'Anytime Messages' set by Hero Arts (I stamped it a couple of times, then separated the words, to give the three rectangles on the sketch). I distressed all of the edges with my distressing tool and ink...which fits in nicely with the 'Distressing' theme of this week's Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge. I'm also going to enter this card for the Guest Designer Call, that Katharina is hosting for Whiff of Joy Stamps.


It's my first blogoversary tomorrow...and I'm just putting the finishing touches to some celebratory candy...so watch this space! lol

18 comments:

  1. Fabulous card - you have a great chance with this hun (I have my fingers crossed for you)

    Oooooh candy - I can't wait - I'll be back!

    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. great image! love the added buttons on the corners. thanks for playing at ICS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another gorgeous one hun, love the whole look. I wondered who Uma was talking about when she mentioned Henry - it all becomes clear!! Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck Helen, this is such a gorgeous card
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card Helen,i love the image and papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards Helen, the papers here are fab and distressed edges a really great touch :)
    Crafts By Bee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, good luck with the DT post. I've pm'd you on Docrafts xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh So so so so sweet! I love that image! Adorable!!! your colors and papers are fabulous. great use of the sketch and thanks for playing along this week at ICS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this image and own it too! What a great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning Helen

    Wow what a gorgeous card hunny and such a lovely sketch for the challenge. I love your blog i don't think ive been here before you have so many gorgeous cards, shall follow you so i dont miss anything. Hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Helen, your card is the most adorable one I have seen today - that mouse image is too cute and cheeky. I am so glad you could use ICS this week to create this little beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. a gorgeous card Helen, love this image. so adorable. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW what a lovely card Helen! Love everything about it! Thanks for playing along! :)
    ♥Dawn♥
    Owner of ICS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful card Helen.
    Thanks for joining in with ICS this week:)x

    ReplyDelete
  15. you should be allowed to spend more 'cos you get the most use out of one stamp LOL, gorgeous as usual

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this image and you have coloured him so beautifully Helen and your paper is perfect for him. Good luck with the GDT call.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brill Helen, absolutely brill! Mand xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. love your fun card, and the mouse is soo cute and sweet. way to go with the IC sketch this week..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x