Wednesday 10 April 2024

ABC Christmas Challenge - H & I are for?

We have a fun new ABC Christmas Challenge starting today...Carol is the host, and the themes are:

'H is for Hats'
&
'I is for Inky'

The prize for the lucky winner is this die set:


For my 'H is for Hats' card, I stamped as many of the animals from the 'Christmas Hats' set by Anita Jerum for the Colorado Craft Company as I could fit on to a DL kraft card blank, then coloured them using watercolour pencils. The sentiment is made from a couple of stamps from the 'Wintertime Messages' set by Hero Arts.


For my 'I is for Inky' card, I started by smooshing some Distress Inks in various shades of blue (Speckled Egg, Salvaged Patina, Peacock Feathers, Stormy Sky, Broken China and Uncharted Mariner) on to a large acrylic block, spritzed it with a little water, the stamped it on to smoe watercolour paper. Once dry, I stamped snowflakes around the edges using stamps from the 'Snowflake Edges' set by Simon Says Stamp, and 'Broken China' Distress Ink. I cut the sentiment from snippets of white card using a Creative Expressions die...layering up three die cuts to get a more 3D effect, then added that to the centre. 


I'm also entering these cards into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Helen! Thanks for inspiring those of us who like to make Christmas cards throughout the year! Hugs, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful christmascards! Thank you for joining our challenge.
    Lia DT POE

    ReplyDelete
  3. ce qu'ils sont chou Helen, trop mignon, biz

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first one made me smile even from the tiny thumbnail photo and looking at it here even more so, love all those little Animals, perfect for our Allsorts theme this week, many thanks.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great pair of cards, Helen. The first one has my heart with all those cute critters and hats!.
    Hope you are well,
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely creation.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts.
    DT Mervi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful square Christmas card. Thank you for sharing with us at POE Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two gorgeous cards, Helen, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such wonderful cards Helen, love the Christmas critters!
    Thanks so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x