Wednesday 1 July 2020

ABC Christmas Challenge - N & O are for?

We have another fun ABC Christmas Challenge starting today...Samantha is the host, and the themes are:

'N is for No Fuss'
&
'O is for Over the Top'

There's a little prize from Samantha for the lucky winner.

For my 'N is for No Fuss' card, I stamped a Penny Black image ('What a Snow!') on to a kraft card blank and coloured it using watercolour pencils. The sentiment stamp is from the 'Tattered Christmas' set by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous.



Over the recent years, my Christmas cards have definitely become more CAS (quick to make, easy to mass produce, cheap to post!), but I do sometimes like to make a more layered card with lots of pretty papers and some embellishments. I used another Penny Black image ('Angel Cat') on my 'O is for Over the Top' card, stamping it on to watercolour paper, and colouring it using watercolour pencils...adding some shine to the halo & star with a silver gel pen, and some sparkle to his wings with some 'Diamond' Stickles. I paired it with papers from the 'Silent Night' pad by First Edition...distressing the edges a little, and adding some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen. I matted all of the layers on to some icy blue glitter card...cutting a snowflake out of the offcuts using a Cuttlebug die. I added a diamante to the centre of the snowflake, and some lacy silver ribbon for a little extra texture.


I'm also entering these cards into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.

12 comments:

  1. Both very cute cards. Thanks for joining in with my So Cute challenge at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute cards! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!Hugs, JoyJoyfully StampsLil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator
    Joyfully Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very sweet in the pretty colours, many thanks for sharing and joining in with our 'So Cute' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all cute, thank you for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both adorable Christmas cards! Love the hedgehogs and of course the kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to see your entry at My Time To Craft.
    We love to see everyone’s work.
    Good luck, do come back again!
    Hugs, Jackie DT member x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two gorgeous cards Helen, that is quite an achievement with the snowman on the Kraft.

    The kitty card is so sweet and the papers are perfect for our theme

    Thank you for joining us at Christmas with the Cuties xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, Helen, both your cards are so darn' cute! I love those PB images! Fabulous colouring on the Kraft, too! And thanks for joining in at My Time to Craft!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute cards. Those hedge hogs have my heart. Thanks for joining us at My Time To Craft.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely adorable card! Love it on the kraft cardstock!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, thanks for sharing with us @ Cutie Pies. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two great cards - love your blue colour scheme on the second one.

    Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x