Wednesday 16 October 2019

Carol Singers

I have a couple of Christmas cards to share today...featuring a couple of the critters from the 'Carol Singers' set by Lili of the Valley. I stamped them on to watercolour paper, then coloured them using watercolour pencils. I used a music embossing folder that I recently picked up from Hobbycraft (it's in their Christmas range, but as far as can tell the music on it isn't Christmassy) for the background...embossing some plain-ish blue paper (I think it's by Craft Creations), then lightly sanding over the surface to reveal some of the white core. I distressed the edges a little, then added some faux stitching before mounting on my cards. The sentiment stamp is also by Lili of the Valley.


Here are a couple of close-ups:



Challenges for these cards:

10 comments:

  1. Oh goodness these are cute! Stunning colour combo (one of my favourites!) and such sweet images. I love your music sheet embossing and how beautifully it turned out with sanding. Such cute cards Helen! Thanks for sharing them with us at Penny's!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these look absolutely gorgeous....love the simplicity of your design

    Thank you for joining in with the Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable little images and a great use of the music embossing folder. I like that splash of blue. Thanks for joining in at 52CCT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards Helen - love the distressing of the embossed blue card. :) Lynda DT The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully made as always and so cute.

    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    TTCRD DT
    Made by Helen{My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So seet imagen, love your white, brown & blue card. Thank you for joining us at 52CCT. Goga

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute, Helen! I love that you used the music embossing folder, it's just perfect. Thanks so much for joining us at Little Red Wagon Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute cards, love the colour combination. Thanks for sharing with at Cutie Pie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! Thank you for joining in our monthly challenge at The Artistic Stamper

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two beautiful cards with sweet images! Thanks for sharing with the Cutie Pies, hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Shona xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x