Wednesday 2 October 2019

ABC Christmas Challenge - U & V are for?

We have another fun ABC Christmas Challenge starting today...the themes this month are:

'U is for Upcycle'
&
'V is for Velocity'

And the prize for the lucky winner:

(Paper pad & Lili of the Valley stamp)

For my 'U is for Upcycle' card, I used the inside of the cover of a Christmas gift guide (from 2010!) as the background for my image. 


I paired it with a cute pup from the 'Wintertime Cheer' set by Penny Black, which I stamped on to watercolour paper, and coloured using watercolour pencils. I added a sentiment (from a set by Pollycraft for C. C. Designs), then distressed all of the edges before assembling my card and adding some adhesive pearls.


For my 'V is for Velocity' card, I picked another Penny Black image...this time a snowboarding chicken stamp called 'Snowboard Ride'. I stamped it on to watercolour paper, added in a slope for him to ride down using a black gel pen, then coloured him using watercolour pencils and carefully cut around the top of the image. I made a simple background using a falling snow die from the Tim Holtz/Sizzix 'Winter Wonderland' set and a snippet of navy card. I layered it over a snippet of silver glitter card, then matted it all on to some red glitter card.


Challenges for these cards:

For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.

6 comments:

  1. What a cute pair of festive cards, Helen, and you made me smile when you said the paper has been saved since 2010! I think all crafters are the same - that snippet just might come in useful! Great colouring too.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was think what Carol said - trust us to hang onto something for almost a decade until the right project came along! The plaid works perfectly with your cute dog image. And I can't believe I have no snowboarding chickens in my collection! He looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both cards Helen! Hanging onto a 'potential for upcycling' since 2010 deserves two goes on the swings! And your snippets card is gorgeous - LOVE the snowboarding chook :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two great cards.

    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    TTCRD DT
    Made by Helen{My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x