Monday 24 December 2018

Favourite Five Christmas Cards 2018

It seems to have become the Christmas Eve tradition in craft blogland to share our favourite five Christmas cards of the year, so that's what I'm going to do today. According to the Christmas card tracker in my sidebar, I made 99 Christmas cards this year...and I've just a had a look back through them all, and these are my favourites:

Polar Pals
This was the first Christmas card of 2018...blogged on New Year's Day! I made a few cards with a similar design...cute image, inky background, snowy sky...but picked this one for it's embossed falling snow.

Inky Snowflakes
This one is from February, along with my next pick, features a set of beautiful snowflake stamps by Stampenous and Distress Inks. This one has a 'smooshed' background with embossing over the top...and is in my favourite colour.

I'm skipping to October for my next choice...although these cards use similar supplies to the last one, I added the colour in a loose watercolour-y way over the top of the snowflakes for a more delicate effect.

Furry Christmas
My penultimate choice is from November, and although similar in layout to my first pick, uses a different technique...and features yet more snow!

Skating Critters
My final choice is from this month, and features my favourite Penny Black critters...well you knew I had to have a Penny Black in my favourites!

For full details of any of the cards, please click the photos.

One more thing before I go...I always share a picture of my Christmas cake on Christmas Eve too...so here it is:


Really simple, but with glittery sparkly snow.


Have a lovely Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x