Friday 24 October 2014

Wildflowers & Blooming Meadows

I have a birthday card and set of (almost) matching notecards to share today. For the card, I started by stamping my Hero Arts 'Blooming Flowers' in Versamark Ink on to a piece of paper from the 'Wildflower' pad by My Mind's Eye, then heat embossing it with white powder, before blending 'Peeled Paint' and 'Tumbled Glass' Distress Ink over the top. I inked around the edges using 'Pumice Stone' Distress Ink, and added a sentiment from a set by Papermania.


For the notecards, I simply cut pieces of paper from the same pad, inked around the edges using more 'Pumice Stone' ink, then added some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen, then added another sentiment from the same Papermania set.


Here's a shot of all of them:


Challenges for these cards:

14 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous Helen.
    The first card is stunning, love the white on the paper.
    the notelettes are a great idea, they look brilliant.
    Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your set of cards, Helen & wonderfully designed floral card! I never think to emboss on patterned paper--thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. really gorgeous
    thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creation and thanks for sharing in our challenge this week...
    aNNie {Crafty Sentiments Inspirations DT Member}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Love the embossing over the printed paper. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous creation! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the embossed flowers on DP...I always forget to give this a try! Great job on all the sets of cards too! We appreciate you linking up with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just darling!! Beautiful cards.

    Thanks for joining us this week at HIMCR!

    Hiding in My Craft Room
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards and fantastic Embossed flowers too!! Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have not inked and embossed onto designer paper - I will now. So clever and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x