Thursday 30 October 2014

Hallowe'en Tag

I have my version of Tim Holtz's October tag for his 12 Tags of 2014 to share with you today...

12 tags of 2014 - october... | www.timholtz.com

I didn't really have any of the products he used...but just fancied having one last play with my Hallowe'en stash before I tidied it away for another year...so improvised rather a lot!


I started by stamping my spider (from the Penny Black 'Be very scared!' set), then I used a Tim Holtz texture fade to emboss the background...blending Distress Inks over the top (Spiced Marmalade, Crushed Olive & Seedless Preserves). I then spritzed  over the top with some 'Antique Gold' Cosmic Shimmer pigment mixed with water in a mini mister. I distressed the edges a little, then inked the edges with 'Black Soot' Distress Ink. My pumpkins are also a Penny Black stamp (from the 'Spooky' set...I coloured then using watercolour pencils, then coated the with Glossy Accents before cutting them out, inking the edges with more 'Black Soot' and mounting them using 3D foam pads. The lettering was done using my Cuttlebug 'Olivia' alphabet, the little spider charm (there's a pumpkin on the other side) is from a My Mind's Eye die cut elements sheet, and the twine is from the Ribbon Girls.

Here's a shot under artificial light showing the gloss and shimmer:


Challenges for this tag:

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful Halloween tag, Helen! Thanks so much for sharing at Stampavie and More Challenge!

    Hugs, Marja
    Stampavie and More DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous tag Helen! Love that Penny Black spider! The colours are gorgeous and the gloss and shimmer look amazing under the light! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic tag.Just love the colours and texture.The spider is the cutest as are your wonderfully coloured pumpkins.Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x (GDT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This tag is so artistic. Love it!

    Thank you for participating in the Sweet Stampin Anything But a Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant tag and love all the texture. Thanks for joining us at Crafting For All Seasons. Hugs, Carol S. DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab tag! I love the shine on those pumpkins :-) Thank you for joining our Halloween challenge at Dream Valley :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful tag Helen. Love the shine on those pumpkins. Thank you so much for joining in the fun at Crafty Sentiments, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. COngrats Helen to your win at Sweet Stamp your tag is so creative and the pumkin is sooo cute Helen..you well deserve..may I ask you which stamp is it the pumpkin I mean...thanks for your answer..hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is one,super Halloween tag beautiful detail bless you for playing at That Craft Place this week hugs Cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous tag Helen, love the colours. Thanks for joining us at CFAS this time. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tags! Love the embossing! Ty for joining us @ Simply Create Too!

    Amanda
    SCTDT

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just a wonderfull tag! I love the pritty coulours! Thank you for joining us at Fairytale Challenge! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x