Wednesday 24 July 2013

ABC Christmas Challenge - O is for...

It's time for a brand new ABC Christmas Challenge...this fortnight Wilma is the host, with a theme of:

'O is for - O Christmas Tree'
Feature a Christmas tree on your card...simples ;0)

We are sponsored for this challenge by Bugaboo Stamps:

The prize from Bugaboo Stamps is 7 free digis!

I have quite a lot of Christmas tree stamps in my collection...I didn't realise just how many until I had a look through to choose a stamp for this card...I think I must have a bit of a problem! Anyway, I settled for this cute little Penny Black hedgy hurrying home with his tree safely strapped to the roof of his car from the 'Joy to the World' set. I coloured him using watercolour pencils, then carefully cut around the image. For the background, I started with a piece of Echo Park 'Winter Wishes' paper, then built a scene on top using lots more Christmas trees (cut using a Marianne Designs die), some grey card for the road, and some torn white card for some snow. I added some more snow to the trees and edges of the tron white card using 'Polar White' Flowersoft.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.

15 comments:

  1. This is fab. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little Penny Black hedgy hurring home for Christmas, Helen. Wonderful card,
    enjoy your day,
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is cute .. love the trees in the background .. fab idea
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great image! I always love a story card. Great idea to cut the pine trees out of different shades of green.

    Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up Challenge for our Christmas in July challenge!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an adorable festive card Helen. Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts this week x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Helen :-) the whole snowy scene is FAB ,, I love how you did the road :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply ADORABLE!! Love it!
    Thank you for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M (my blog)♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing design and dazzling embellishments, simply an awesome card. Thanks for stopping by and leaving the lovely comments.
    Hugs
    Berni
    berni46blogspot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Helen,

    Thank you so much for sharing your inspirational work with us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, love the background looks fab!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles Christmas this month, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a lovely card, so cute, thanks for joining in my challenge at Allsorts this week. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is an awesome creation! I love every detail! The image is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous creation hun thanks so much for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab card love the image and layout
    Thanks for joining us at cards for men
    Kate xx
    Craftevan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooo what a great stamp and scene too, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x