Wednesday 7 April 2010

Shopping List Pad & Gift Holder

Here are a couple of 'non-card' creations I've made for birthdays coming up this month.
The first is an altered shopping list pad:


I bought the pack of pads from one of those shops that sell everything...then removed the flimsy cover, and replaced it with some thicker card. I decorated the front with some My Mind's Eye '29th Street Market' papers, and flowers made using stamps from a set called 'Doodle Flowers' by Inkadinkado. I added a strip of adhesive magnetic paper to the back, so that it can be kept on the fridge door...perfect for writing shopping lists!
It's not very exciting...but here's a view of the back:


I'm going to enter this into Stampavie & More's challenge to 'Use some green', the Cupcake Crafts challenge which this week is to 'Make your own flowers' (I hope that my 'stamped' flowers are allowed), and the Quixotic 'Joys of Spring' challenge (I think the greens are quite 'springy'! lol).

My other project is a gift carrier:

I wanted a pretty way to package a couple of aromatherapy bath oils for my friend's birthday...to make up for the fact that I didn't make her present this year! After a bit of blog hopping, I decided to make the kind of carrier which you usually see carrying paper milk cartons. I had to fiddle around to get the dimensions right, as I needed the 'pockets' to be quite deep in order to support the bottles. I decorated the outside using some paper by Crate Paper (from the 'Mia' collection), and added a matching gift tag made using my Nesties.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful altered notepad Helen the flowers are beautiful! Thanks for joining in the fun at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is beautiful !

    thanks for joining us at SAM this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful creations Helen.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft ! Your two creations are gorgeous Helen, you are so creative ! Smiles from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are both stunning presents, love the colours and papers you've used x

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a beautiful project!
    thanks for joining us at SAM this week.
    xoxo BA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow Helen! Lovely makes. Thanks for joining the Quixotic Paperie Challenge this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x