Sunday 12 July 2009

Buttons, buttons everywhere!

I decided to have a little tidy up of my embellishments this morning, as everything had become a bit of a jumble, taking up more space than was necessary. So I've made a container for all of my buttons...they were all in little packets, making it difficult to see what I'd got. I rescued a container that I'd put in the recycling bin after a spot of baking on Friday, and set about altering it...the first time I've ever done anything like this.

I covered the body of the container with some My Mind's Eye papers (from the 'Adore' range...then I cut the lettering using the Cuttlebug 'Olivia' alphabet from some BasicGrey paper. I've kept it quite plain, as I didn't want anything raised on the outside of the container, in case it get bashed about in my embellishment box. Here are a couple of photos (couldn't get the whole word 'buttons' in one picture! lol):


I also decorated the lid, and as it's recessed, I added a Prima flower, attached with a button tied on with organza ribbon:


So now I have somewhere lovely to store all of my buttons...now I can find them all I'm sure I'll be using them more often! lol


And this is what happened to the chocolate chunks that were originally in the container...yum!


I'm going to enter this into a couple of challenges: the Charisma Cardz 'Alter it' challenge; and the Next Level's 'Buttons & Bows'...there is only one bow, but I hope that all of buttons will make up for that! lol

8 comments:

  1. fab job Helen

    great recycling and your cakes look divine!!!!

    hugs jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great button storage Helen, lovely papers you have used.. and those cakes.Mmmmmmmmm yummy .
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project Helen, those cakes look far too yummy too!

    Thanks for joining in at Charisma this week

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic tin and I love the way you did the lid. Cakes are yummy looking. Thanks for joining Charisma this week.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  5. great storage for your buttons and the cakes are making me hungry
    Thanks for playing this week at Charisma Cardz
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliahnt altering hun - I've nver been brave enough to try anything like this ... what a fab result!
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant button container....and oh boy those cakes look scrummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just Loooooooooove buttons - but I'm sorry to say I'm Looooooooooooooving those cakes more!

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x