Saturday 23 April 2011

Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - Pink, Brown & Cream

This week's Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge has been set by Bridget, and she has chosen a colour combo of:

'Pink, Brown & Cream'

I've used an adorable Penny Black image on my card, from the 'Critter Party' set, that hadn't seen any ink in a while. I coloured it using watercolour pencils, then added Glossy Accents to the icing on the cupcake (available here at the Secret Crafter). The papers are from the 'Hopscotch' pad by BasicGrey, and I couldn't resist distressing the edges with inks and my distressing tool, before adding some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a white gel pen. I cut the circles using various Nesties (available here at the Secret Crafter), embossing the cream one with my 'D'Vine Swirls' Cuttlebug folder (available here at the Secret Crafter), and the brown one with my Craft Concepts 'Cupcakes' folder, sanding the surfaces to reveal the white core of the paper.  I used a sentiment from the same Penny Black set, added a few pieces of card candy and a bow tied using seam binding ribbon.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please visit the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge.

20 comments:

  1. Super card. Love the image and the cupcake embossing. Have a great easter weekend. Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a little cutie and love the papers
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Helen

    gorgeous card I love those embossed cupcakes

    Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helen, I love the effect that the sanding does to the edges of the papers. Love the embossed cupcakes and adorable image. Have a wonderful Easter! And thanks for joining us this week at SSW.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card,love cupcakes!! Thanks for joining us for the pink & brown challenge at Anything Goes, good luck!

    Hugs
    Katy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely Helen. Great image for a birthday card and lovely colour combo.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! I love the image and how you used the cupcake folder! Thanks for playing along with my Birthday Sundaes challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute card. I love how you varied the sizes of the circles. Their placement is wonderful. Your stamped image is adorable. Great job. Thanks for joining us Birthday Sundaes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an adorable image. Your colors and papers are just so sweet. Have a happy easter. Arlana@SSW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabbie card I love the layout! Thank you for joining us at Anything goes challenge
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always love those Penny Black images! This is a fab birthday card!
    Judi SSW DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just adorable! I love the color combo and the cupcake embossing is too cute!!! Thanks so much for playing at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh such an adorable birthday card, love the embossing with the cupcakes. thanks for sharing and for playing along with us at SSW! hope you will Join us next week for our 100 sketch celebrations lots of prizes for our players.

    Hugs
    Jackie - SSW DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Helen such a cute image with those tiny mice. Great embossing with the cupcakes lovely colours and papers. Great job thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
    Hope your enjoying your Easter
    Kathie SSW-Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so adorable those mice are just too cute and the papers are just as yummy as the cupcake they are all about to share,

    Hope you hade a lovely Easter,
    Hugs Bridget :0) x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a darling birthday card Helen. I just love that matching cupcake embossing on the circle. Thanks for sharing this wonderful card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
    Sharon, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just adorable and that cupcake embossed paper couldn't be more perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Helen, thanks for playing over at Anything Goes. A really lovely make - you've just reminded me I have that image & its very under-used, maybe will get it out to play with again! - you've done a great job with it, Deb.x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous Helen - I just love the colours and those embossed cupcakes are FAB!

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x