Wednesday 20 April 2011

ABC Christmas Challenge - H is for...

Here's another card for the ABC Christmas Challenge, where the theme this fortnight is:

'H is for Hotspot'

Our sponsor for this challenge is Simon Says Stamp, and the prize is a $ 15 shopping Voucher to spend in their shop!


Photobucket

And...if that's not enough to tempt you...we are having a Guest Designer call on this challenge, so if you fancy joining us ABC Christmas girls next month, make sure you join in.


This time I've used a Lili of the Valley image, called 'Decorating the Tree'. I stamped them whilst at my friend Kaz's last week...but I had trouble getting to grips with using the rubber glued straight on to the acrylic block (I EZ Mount all mine), and the first couple came out a bit patchy...I thought I wouldn't be able to use them, but Samantha had the brilliant idea of using the 'less than perfect' images for 'hotspots'...so that's what I did! I coloured my 'hotspot' with watercolour pencils, and then cut it out using one of my circular Nesties. The papers are from the 'Countdown to Christmas' pad by My Mind's Eye, I used my EK Success 'Scalloped Diamonds' punch along the bottom of the red card under the image, and added some spotty ribbon from my stash.


Here's a close-up of the 'hotspot':



I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
You can find more inspiration over on the ABC Christmas Challenge, and there's a fab tutorial by my lovely DT buddy Dorte on last week's 'Hotspot' post...along with the linky widget for your entries.

23 comments:

  1. This is a great card - love the LOTV stamp spotlight and the MME paper. Thank you for joining in my CHNC challenge 16 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, love the spotlight idea too, thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle shops Best.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. The spotlight is brilliant. Thanks for joining us at DDSB this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its turned out brilliant Helen so please we were crafting together at Kaz's house.... Think there will be a few more Christmas hot spot cards before the year is out! theheheee :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow, what a great idea, love the spotlight, fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at the DDSB, hope to see you again. hugs Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is completely awesome! Love that card!
    Thanks for sharing with us at DDSB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your choice of papers. Nice card. Thanks for joining us this week at DDSB.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. great technique, lovely card and papers! Thanks for joining the Stripes Challenge at DDSB
    Debbie DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. New technique to me!!! Thank you for joining us at DDSB this week.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this technique. Thanks for joining us at DDSB
    Hugs,
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. So gorgeous card Helen,I love the image and your papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, Helen. Perfect way to use some not so perfect stamped images.Thank you for joining the mid-way post.
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a great idea for using up your stamped images that are messed up. I also use them for the bottom image when I want to pop-dot something. Thanks for joining us at DDSB and hope to see you again real soon. Hugs, dj

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great technique that I haven't seen for awhile! Great way to get your Christmas card stash done early! Thanks for playing along with us at Raise the Bar!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great technique and way to save the images.Lovely card.Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a neat idea for a card, love the spotlight! Love your layout and DP too! Thanks for playing along with us at Critter Sketch this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh gosh XMAS !! i love this technique it makes the card pop. thanks for joining us at DDSB

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card - makes me want to start my Christmas cards. Thanks for sharing with us at Digi Doodles Shops Best.
    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great job with punches! Thanks for playing in the Critter Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun image to play with. Your card is adorable! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Christmas Stampin All Year Long!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooh Hotspot technique! What a wonderful card, this truly makes me smile. :0) Thank you so much for joining in on our Tree-Mendous challenge this week at Raise The Bar!
    ~*Joni RTB DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a super cute card! Thanks for joining us over at CSAYL, hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is a great idea for a card. So cute, too!
    Ruth C

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x