Wednesday 13 April 2011

ABC Christmas Challenge - H is for...

Welcome back to another ABC Christmas Challenge, where this week we have a fabby technique themed challenge for you all:

'H is for Hotspot'


Our sponsor for this challenge is Simon Says Stamp, and the prize is a $ 15 shopping Voucher to spend in their shop!


Photobucket

And...if that's not enough to tempt you...we are having a Guest Designer call on this challenge, so if you fancy joining us ABC Christmas girls next month, make sure you join in.

I've never tried the 'Hotspot' technique before...and if it's new to you too, my lovely DT member Dorte has made a fabulous step-by-step tutorial to guide you through it. I've used a Penny Black stamp from the 'Jolly Friends' set. I coloured the 'Hotspot' with watercolour pencils, then cut it out using on of my Nesties, and mounted it on the uncoloured version using 3D foam. The papers are from the '29th Street Market' collection by My Mind's Eye...and I distressed all of the edges using my distressing tool. I used my Cuttlebug 'Snowflakes' folder to emboss the reverse of one of the papers, then sanded over the raised areas to reveal the white core.


Here's a close-up of the 'Hotspot':


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
My DT buddies have really excelled themselves this week, so please stop by the ABC Christmas Challenge for more inspiration.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Helen, Love your card, it's gorgeous, thanks for joining in with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card Helen.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It certainly is a gorgeous card - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 15 - hope to see you again soon (I'll be joining in the ABC Christmas one). x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh Helen I love how you used the spotlight technique on your card. It really makes these cuties pop!! Great use of the sketch. Thank you for playing along this week.
    Hugs,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dp used and the image you have chosen is really cute.

    Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Helen :-) the image is just perfect with the layout of this card ,,,:-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Helen! I love, love, love your card! The image is so sweet, the spotlight really nice and the papers and colours are fantastic! Great distressing too! I love it all! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi. This is a cute image and I love your choice of colours. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Helen
    A gorgeous card love the image and paper's,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz,
    hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job with the Hot Spot challenge!! I love how you highlighted their little "kiss"! This was a fun challenge!
    ~Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Helen, thanks for joining us at The Stamp Man. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Helen love the image and your distressed edges are great too, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x