Thursday, 21 April 2011

Party Perch

I've dusted off an old stamp for today's card...it's one of the first Penny Black stamps I bought, and it's called 'Party Perch'...I just love the expression on the chicken's face!
I coloured the image using watercolour pencils, to match the bright colours of the We R Memory Keepers 'Hippity Hoppity' papers...see, I said you hadn't seen the last of those! I added faux stitching around the edges using my CutterBee Bug and a white gel pen, a sentiment (from the 'Cupcakes' set by Hero Arts) and a few paper flowers (from Wild Orchid Crafts).


Challenges for this card:

10 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Helen
a fabulous card love the colour's,
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Dawn B. said...

lol...love that cute image. Fantastic card. Love it. Dawn♥

Claire x said...

Lovely bright card Helen. Hugs, Claire x

Dot said...

Cute card and image, I love the bright colours, Helen.
hugs Dorte

Kaz said...

A fabby bright & cheerful card Helen.
Hugs
Kaz x

Pauline C said...

Aww what a cute chick, chick!! Love the bright happy colours :-)
hugs
pauline x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Helen.

Hugs Riet.xx

Kristie said...

This is adorable! I love the bright fun colors you used.

Julie said...

Lovely card, I like how colourful it is.

Debi said...

Your card is lovely! Thank you for playing along with the Papertake Weekly challenge.