Thursday 21 April 2011

Party Perch

I've dusted off an old stamp for today's card...it's one of the first Penny Black stamps I bought, and it's called 'Party Perch'...I just love the expression on the chicken's face!
I coloured the image using watercolour pencils, to match the bright colours of the We R Memory Keepers 'Hippity Hoppity' papers...see, I said you hadn't seen the last of those! I added faux stitching around the edges using my CutterBee Bug and a white gel pen, a sentiment (from the 'Cupcakes' set by Hero Arts) and a few paper flowers (from Wild Orchid Crafts).


Challenges for this card:

10 comments:

  1. Hi Helen
    a fabulous card love the colour's,
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...love that cute image. Fantastic card. Love it. Dawn♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bright card Helen. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card and image, I love the bright colours, Helen.
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabby bright & cheerful card Helen.
    Hugs
    Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww what a cute chick, chick!! Love the bright happy colours :-)
    hugs
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card Helen.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable! I love the bright fun colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, I like how colourful it is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is lovely! Thank you for playing along with the Papertake Weekly challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x