Monday 18 April 2011

I Baked a Cake!

Well...actually I didn't...that's the name of the adorable Lili of the Valley stamp I used on this card! I coloured  it with watercolour pencils, then cut it out using my Nesties. I didn't use any patterned papers on this card, but instead embossed plain card using my Cuttlebug 'Swiss Dots' and 'Moroccan Screen' folders. For the scalloped border along the bottom, I used my EK Success 'Scalloped Diamonds' punch (covering up the diamonds). The sentiment stamp is from the 'Sending Sunshine' set by Simon Says Stamp, and I couldn't resist adding a few pieces of Card Candi in one corner.


Challenge for this card:

14 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous Helen
    hugs Bridget :0) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card Helen.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just the cutest hun...and great colour combo too..

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice embossing and such a cute image! thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl colour challenge. Mary G x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card Helen, love the cute image :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. CAKE? Who said CAKE? Have I missed it again? Blast! Oh well, guess I'll just have to admire your low-calorie-cake (I can see it, can't eat it) being carried by that super cute LOTV bear! Gorgeous card babes, loving the embossing, really brings the image to the front. Brilliant. Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so sweet helen...thanks for joining The Ribbon Girls this month....hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. what an adorable scrummy card ~just love it!!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet Helen, love the LO. Thanks for taking part in this weeks LOTV Challenge
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute bear and cat. Love the embossing, Thanks for joining the TG challenge this week. Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hee hee this is super cute I LOVE it :D
    Thank you for joining us at Crafts and Me. Good luck and I hope you can join us again this week.

    Hugs

    Amy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable! Love how you colored the image and the color combo is great too!
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

    Hugs
    Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x