Tuesday 12 April 2011

Recipe Book

This is one of the presents I made for a friend of mine for her birthday last week...it's an altered notebook - I bought the blank notebook from The Craft Barn. She likes to cook...like me...and I thought that this would be good for jotting down recipes...so I used 'Busy Baking' by Lili of the Valley (coloured using watercolour pencils). The spotty paper is from the 'Wild Asparagus' collection by My Mind's Eye, and I used my Cuttlebug 'Olivia' alphabet to cut the lettering. I distressed all of the edges with ink, and once I'd attached it to the front of the notebook, and covered the back in some of the same paper, sealed it all with a few layers of matte finish Mod Podge.


Challenges for this project:
I'm so excited...I'm off to The Glitter Pot today...it's been one of my favourite online shops since I first started crafting, but I've never actually been to the shop before..and if that wasn't enough...I'm meeting up with two lovely crafting buddies...Samantha & Kaz...can't wait to see you both!!!

14 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous Helen, love the image and papers - your friend will adore this! And how jealous am I? I love the Glitter Pot. Have a fabby day and don't spend too much! LOL. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, your friend is gonna love this, lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. Love yhis so mich, the image is sooo cute.. happy spending x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous Helen, I would LOVE to receive this book as a gift x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card Helen.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww how cute! Perfect image and yummy papers as always. hope you ahve had a fab day today at teh Glitterpot and enjoy meeting Kaz and Samantha. I had a fab time when I met Kaz at the Glitterpot enarly two years ago and it wasn't even such a big shop then lol!!
    Hugs
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely idea Helen and I adore this lil' bear :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! What a fab project! I love the image you used.


    --Cheryl--

    **Check out my Meljen’s Designs blog candy!**

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully done! Thank you so very much for playing along with us at Totally Stampalicious this week, hope you'll come back next week!

    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, adorable recipe book Helen.
    Hope you had a fab day at The Glitter Pot.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute little image! Great colours too!
    Lovely make!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute card. Thanks for joining this weeks challenge at TG:) Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute card. Thanks for joining this weeks challenge at TG:) Bettina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x