Sunday, 9 August 2026

Wonderful Woodland Box Card

I have another box card to share today, made using another stamp and die set from Crafter's Companion that I got from a charity shop at the same time as the set I used on this card. This set is called 'Wonderful Woodland', and had an awful lot of stamped elements, so I used some to decorate the front of this card, rather than trying to cram them all inside! I started by stamping all of the critters and accessories onto snippets of watercolour paper, then cutting them out using the matching dies, before colouring them using watercolour pencils. I cut the main pieces for the box card from bright blue card, and a dark green card for the images to 'stand' on. I decorated the back panel using a piece of paper from a magazine freebie pad called 'Let's Fly Away', then assembled the card. On the inside of the front flap, I layered a couple of snippets of plain card (using the aperture die from the set to cut the light blue piece), adding a sentiment using a stamp from the 'What This!' set by Anita Jeram for the Colorado Craft Company.


Here's a close-up of the inside scene:


For the front of the card, I layered up more snippets of plain coloured card, again using the aperture die to cut the light blue piece, then added some of the critter and accessories, plus a few clouds cut from a snippet of white hammer card using my Memory Box 'Puffy Clouds' dies.


Challenges for this card:

4 comments:

  1. Super adorable woodland shadow box! Thanks for sharing with the August Challenge at A Cut Above.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen... What fun!! Love the box card. Thanks for being an inspiration in the Just Us Girls gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card style so much and your little scene is so sweet! I'm so glad you played along this week at Just Us Girls!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm coming to your charity shop Helen, you get some amazing bargains there! A very special design for this card, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x