Thursday, 30 July 2026

Birthday Bears Box Card

I have something a little different to share today...it's a box card, made using a Gemini/Crafter's Companion stamp and die set called 'Birthday Bears Box Card', that I picked up in a charity shop last weekend. I started by stamping all of the little bears and other images onto snippets of watercolour paper, then used their co-ordinating dies to cut them out, before colouring them using watercolour pencils. There were paper templates in the set for cutting all of the pieces of the box card, and I decided to cut the main card parts from light blue card, and the little strips for the images to 'stand' on from light green card. I added a piece of cloudy sky paper (from a magazine freebie pad called 'Let's Fly Away') to the back panel, then assembled the card. On the inside of the front flap, I added a snippet of lilac card, then the die cut from the 'window', with a stamped sentiment, using a stamp from the 'Sending Sunshine' set by Simon Says Stamp.


Here's a close-up of the 'Birthday Bears':


They look to me, like they're throwing a surprise party, so I used my Paper Smooches 'Gaffiti Alphabet' stamps to stamp 'Surprise' onto a snippet of the blue card, then added it on top of a piece of lilac card embossed using an old Cuttlebug embossing folder:


Challenges for this card:


3 comments:

  1. OMG ... so, so cute! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Can You Handle the Pressure Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fun surprise, Helen and totally unexpected. I think it turned out so well. The cloudy sky paper was the perfect backdrop. I can't help but smile at the bear with his tummy sticking out. Looks like he might have eaten too much this winter. LOL. Thanks for sharing your darling box card with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun card Helen! I love the cloudy sky paper as a background for these super fun bears. Great colours too! Thanks for joining along with my topping at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x