Monday 20 November 2023

Mod Trees

Today's card features a Simon Says Stamp background stamp called 'Mod Trees Background'. I stamped it on to watercolour paper using Versamark Ink, then heat embossed it using white embossing powder. I then brushed clean water all over the embossed area, before adding small amounts of watercolour paint all over the deisgn. I used just three colours, but allowed them to blend together. When that had completely dried, I splattered over some more of each colour, and dried it using my heat gun. I cut the sentiment, using a Creative Expressions die, from a snippet of white card, then glued it to a piece of torn vellum. I folded that around the centre of the watercolour panel, then added it to the front of a white card blank.


Challenges for this card:

8 comments:

  1. Your Christmas card is very artsy and festive! I love the mixed media supplies and techniques used for a beautiful outcome! Thanks for sharing at MTTC's Got To Be Christmas fortnight theme! --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Helen, the background is just beautiful. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week using the Christmas Time option.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW WOW WOW Helen absolutely stunning, I love your christmas card.

    Hugs
    Anke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous effects using resist stamping Helen, many thanks for joining us this week at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's some sweet watercoloring. I love the pretty effect the colors have created on the paper. They look perfect for the season! Thank you so much for joining the Happy Little Stampers Watercolor challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so classy Helen, I love the velum its a perfect way to add a sentiment,
    Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge this week,
    we hope you will join us again,
    Crafty hugs,
    Bridget CCDT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous background and lovely card.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts!
    Dt Mervi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its a lovely card Helen, thanks for joining in at MTTC Challenge, xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x