Saturday 19 August 2023

Guest Designer - 52 Christmas Card Throwdown

Today I'm excited to be sharing a Guest Designer card for the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown. The theme of their challenge thi week is:


I don't all that mant suitable images in my (vast) collection of Christmas stamps, and as I'd just uploaded a candy cane card when I was invited to Guest Deisgn for this challenge, I picked a 'Christmas Pudding' stamp by Personal Impressions to use. I stamped it on to watercolour paper, along with a sentiment using a stamp from the 'Scribbly Christmas' set by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous, then coloured the pudding using watercolour pencils. I paired it with papers from the 'Peppermint Forest' pad by Craftwork Cards...distressing the edges a little, then adding some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen.


For more inspiration from the fabulous design team, please pop over to the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown - thanks for inviting me!

6 comments:

  1. Helen... this Christmas pudding is as cute as cute can be! Thanks so much for being out guestie this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh mais elle est super gourmande cette carte Helen, merci d'ĂȘtre notre guest designer cette semaine, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is fabulous Helen! I love the background paper - the colours are so pretty. And that cute little Christmas pud - you did so well with the watercolouring. An all round wonderful card. Thank you so much for being our guest designer at 52CCT this week. Gill, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen, What a gorgeous card you have created. The colors, image, papers and layout. I can't think of anything I would change...just love it! Thanks for being guest designer this week. Smiles, Kathy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen, What a gorgeous card you have created. The colors, image, papers and layout. I can't think of anything I would change...just love it! Thanks for being guest designer this week. Smiles, Kathy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have created a delicious Christmas dessert on a very nice card. Thanks for playing at 52 CCT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x