Wednesday 2 September 2020

ABC Christmas Challenge - S & T are for?

We have another fun ABC Christmas Challenge starting today...Wei is the host, and the themes are:

'S is for Snowy'
&
'T is for Tinsel'

There's a little prize from Wei for the lucky winner:

On my 'S is for Snowy' card, I started by stamping my new Woodware 'Huge Snowflake' stamp on to a piece of watercolour paper using Versamark Ink, then heat embossed it in white. I dampened the paper, then used Distress Inks (Peacock Feathers, Broken China & Cracked Pistacchio) to watercolour around the snowflake. Once it had dried, I added a few splatters of the same inks, and dotted some clear and blue sequins around for a touch of sparkle. 



For my 'T is for Tinsel' card, I used an old Lili of the Valley image called 'Box of Decorations'. I stamped the image on to watercolour paper, then coloured it using watercolour pencils...adding Glossy Accents to the red baubles, and some sparkle with Stickles glitter to the tinsel and star. I used a Sizzix embossing folder on matte gold card to make  simple background. The card is wider than the folder, but I slid the embossing folder over to emboss the whole piece...adding a strip of green glitter card to cover where the pattern doesn't quite match up. I added a simple sentiment (from the 'Scribbly Christmas' set by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous), matting everything on to red glitter card.


I'm also entering these cards into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Two gorgeous cards...Thank you so much for entering our challenge over at TTCRD this week, Hope to see you next week.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great pair of cards, Helen. I love the artsy look on the first card and the second one is so cute! I love the rich gold background and the stickles have done a great job of creating a real tinsel look.
    Take care.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful snowy card with that central snowflake and blue watercolouring. And your tinsel card is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two great and very different makes Helen. Love the smooshing, and that bear image is so cute. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen these are both beautiful cards. I love the snowflake one but find it difficult myself to do the inky messy ones like this. I always admire it when someone like you does it really well.

    The red and gold one is a lovely image and what a good idea covering the gap with the glitter card. That is a nice embossing folder :)

    Thank you very much for entering your lovely card into our challenge. Good luck with the prize draw.

    Stay healthy, happy, keep crafting and Creating Joy :)

    Mandy ♥

    DT for Through The Craft Room Door

    Made By Mandy – My personal Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards you have made, Helen. I really love the one with the snowflake and the LOTV one is super cute.
    Dorte xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x