Wednesday 3 October 2018

ABC Christmas Challenge - U & V are for?

We have a fun new ABC Christmas Challenge starting today...Lisa is the host, and the themes are:

'U is for Upon'
&
'V is for Very Quick'

Our sponsor for this challenge is:

Prize - Two Digis of the Winner's choice!

There's also a little prize from Lisa:

I made a card for each of the two themes...my 'U is for Upon' card features a non-Christmas stamp set called 'Wish Upon a Star' by Lawn Fawn. I won the stamp set over at Pixie's Snippets Playground last week and couldn't wait to use it, so combined it with a snowy background to make a Christmas card. I stamped the animals on to a snippet of white card, coloured them using watercolour pencils, then carefully cut them out. I stamped the shooting star from the set on to blue card using Versamark Ink, then heat embossed it using 'Metallic Gold Sparkle' embossing glitter by WOW. I placed a mask over the star, then stamped my Simon Says Stamp 'Falling Snow' background stamp over the top, using Versamark Ink, and heat embossed it using 'Snow Sparkle' embossing glitter, also by WOW. I used another snippet of white card to cut the snowy ground (using a Lawn Fawn 'Stitched Hillside Border' die, adding a sentiment form the same stamp set along the bottom. I layered everything up, then matted it on to a piece of gold mirror card.


My 'V is for Very Quick' card is also very simple...I simply stamped a large Woodware stamp (simply called 'Christmas Trees'), and it's matching sentiment using Versamark Ink on to teal card, then heat embossed them using 'Metallic Silver Sparkle' embossing glitter by WOW.


I'm also entering these cards into the following challenges:

For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.

10 comments:

  1. What a great pair of cards Helen. The first card is just gorgeous and the critters are adorable. The second one looks so contemporary and will be great for posting and mass producing.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is just the sweetest card! I LOVE it. Thanks for sharing at The Merry Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little scene ... so glad you shared your SNOW with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness, what an adorable card, those critters are incredibly cute and you've built the perfect scene for them to inhabit! such a cool addition to our "let it snow" gallery at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute cards Helen :-) I love the 'wish upon a star' one, how cute is that!! what a great set to win!! Lucky you :-) your 2nd card is so beautifully CAS, a gorgeous card to mass produce too! perfect! :-)

    hope you have a lovely weekend
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous scene you have created, love the starry sky.
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Winter Wonderland Christmas challenge - Janice DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a gorgeous scene with the critters expecting snow...
    Thanks for joining us at CHNC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute card Helen. Actually both are quite wonderful. Thank you for sharing with us at Through the Craft Room Door
    (Hugs) Cara
    Through the Craft Room Door {Owner}
    TTCRD Challenge Blog
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cards Helen - and I'm truly so thrilled to see you using your new stamp set prize! I adore the design - just perfect, sigh. As ever, wonderful work!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been drooling over this stamp set for a while. You've made a lovely card using it Helen.
    Hugs
    Annette - Netty's Cards
    xx
    Proud to design for :
    Lili of the Valley,
    Dies to Die For,
    Squirrel's not-so-random Challenge
    As You Like It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x