Saturday 30 July 2016

Snow Dust

I have a Christmas card to share today...featuring a Penny Black stamp called 'Snow Dust'. I stamped the image using Versamark Ink on to a panel of watercolour paper 'smooshed' with Distress Inks (Salty Ocean, Broken China, Mermaid Lagoon & Chipped Sapphire), then heat embossed it using 'Sparkling Snow' embossing powder by WOW...you can just about make make out some sparkle on the photo, but the effect is really pretty in real life. I blended a little more 'Chipped Sapphire' ink around the edges, then added some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a white gel pen. I added a sentiment (stamped and embossed using the same powder) from the 'Scribbly Christmas' set by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous, then matted it on to some Chipped Sapphire cardstock.


Challenges for this card:


11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, your wintery scene is perfectly beautiful. Thank you for joining in with us at Fab'n'Funky challenges.
    Buffy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - I love the background colors!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello helen! gorgeous background....awesoem card! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love every detail! Thank you for joining us at Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 292 - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful winter scene. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
    Cass xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful winter scene. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
    Cass xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful frosty scene and you fooled me with your faux stitching, I was convinced it was real! Thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Stampin'. Cara DT x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card and well done to be in the spotlight over at Sweet stamping challenge :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Helen I found you via Sweet Stamping Challenge and love your card. Great minds think alike I did something similar recently but with black trees. It's in this post if you fancy taking a look. http://stampingscene.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/stampin-up-thoughtful-branches-for.html Zx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x